GPD XD - Legacy Rom BLOATED
** The video I linked shows the process for flashing a zip file using CWM ( Boot animation flash ) . The process is the SAME so just follow it and use the zip I provided instead. **
Personally I do not like stock roms for any device because of all the bloatware, and the GPD XD Stock Rom is not the exception. It does seem that one reason people hesitate to move to Legacy Rom is because it is debloated and lacks all the noob friendly apps. So this guide will show you how to fatten your Legacy Rom with all the apps and launchers available on the Stock Rom. Your GPD XD will be all fat and bloated like Thanksgiving Day.
Before you get started:
- Make sure your GPD XD has a good charge.
- You need to have Legacy Rom installed - buah ! Its kinda what this tutorial was written for!
- Have Gpd-Xd_Bloatware-flash.zip downloaded to your GPD XD. This is a big file: 435 mb
- Install ClockworkMod Recovery ( Skip if you already have installed ) : GPD XD - Installing CWM
Start your device in Recovery Mode: [Shown on video- time: 0:22 ] The process to get into recovery may vary. For my device and many others you have to hold "Vol+" and "Power". If this does not work for you do a quick search on google for your device's button combination
Select "install zip": [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : Use "Vol+" and "Vol-" to navigate. Some recoveries use different methods to navigate including some with touch capabilities.
Select "choose zip from /external_sd": [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : Use "Vol+" and "Vol-" to navigate.
Select the flashable zip: [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : select Gpd-Xd_Bloatware-flash.zip.
Reboot and Enjoy.
You can flash this zip over your current GPD XD setup. But I would suggest to make a NAND backup first using: ( GPD XD - BackUp and Restore with CWM ) .
Ads to support SectionEight
- The information on Sectioneight.net is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions and downloads at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info on this site.
- Read and understand the related guides first before actually performing ANY instructions.