How to Install A Custom Boot Animation [ METHOD 2 ]
*** YOU MUST BE ROOTED TO USE THIS METHOD ***
*** YOU NEED A CUSTOM RECOVERY INSTALLED ***
Method 2 Summary:
A boot animation is the video that plays at the start up of your device. Most devices come with a stock boot that has the manufacturer's logo or maybe mobile provider logo. This tutorial shows you how to install a custom boot animation on to your mobile android device. I use a GPD XD device in the video and CWM Custom Recovery, but the methods will still work on any android device.
There are 2 main methods of installing a boot animation. Thiis is Method 2. This method is is generally used by advanced users. You install the boot animation by flashing the zip using a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod or TWRP recovery. Installing a bad or corrupted boot animation from a questionable site may result in putting your device in a boot loop ( device will go to boot, then restart ). This method will restore your phone's bootup as long as you flash a boot you know that works.
Before you get started:
- Your device has to be Rooted
- You need a Custom Recovery installed - I use CWM Recovery in video
- Have a Flashable zip on the root of your sd card ( Directly inside the card - not inside any other folder ) . If you are unsure if it is a Flashable zip, open it up and check :
- if there are 2 directories inside it : "META-INF" and "system" . Then you have a Flashable zip.
- if at first opening the zip you see any folders named "part0" or have "part" in name then you do not have a Flashable zip. It is a regulart boot zip.
- Start with your device completely powered off.
Start your device in Recovery Mode: [Shown on video- time: 0:22 ] The process to get into recovery may vary. For my device and many others you have to hold "Vol+" and "Power". If this does not work for you do a quick search on google for your device's button combination
Select "install zip": [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : Use "Vol+" and "Vol-" to navigate. Some recoveries use different methods to navigate including some with touch capabilities.
Select "choose zip from /external_sd": [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : Use "Vol+" and "Vol-" to navigate.
Select the flashable zip: [Shown on video- time: 0:46 ] : In this video I used the file [Flashableboot]LegacyRomv01.zip. Wait until it finishes installing.
Reboot and Enjoy.
Ads to support SectionEight
- Boot Animations: Boot Gallery at SectionEight
- The information on Sectioneight.net is provided for instructional and educational purposes only. There is no guarantee that these instructions will work under your specific and unique circumstances.
- Use these instructions and downloads at your own risk. We shall not hold any responsibility or liability for whatever happens to you or your device arising from your use of the info on this site.
- Read and understand the related guides first before actually performing ANY instructions.